If you think lessons are boring, think again. Here, Latin comes alive with a Mexican wave, a maths choir sings quadratic equations and when you use the decorations on iced buns to explore atoms, you can even eat your research.
We’re free to experiment because we teach in single sex classes. That means both boys and girls are way less self-conscious – and the benefits don’t stop there. It never occurs to our girls that science is for boys, that being a leader is unfeminine or that it’s inappropriate to come top in exams. Our boys (we're welcoming them in 2018) won't be made to feel that sensitivity is girly, that the arts aren't for them or that coming second undermines their masculinity.
Although no-one’s getting distracted by the opposite sex in lessons, you'll socialise and eat together, share facilities, some sports and the creative arts (dramatic moments belong on stage, even if anyone streaming out of our fabulous visual arts centre is likely to be covered in paint or clay).
'A crazy, clever, wonderful school where we all thrive and learn while having the best time of our lives'
But what's a smudge or two between friends? We’re more concerned with how you think, so the emphasis throughout the school – in the classroom and out of it – is on analysing problems, questions and opportunities and coming up with original and creative answers.
It’s a lot more effective than absorbing received opinion when it comes to exams, as our results show. In 2014, 93 per cent of GCSEs were graded A* or A and 51 per cent of the students racked up 9 or more A*s.
- International Summer Science SchoolCambridge City Council sponsor three students each year to take part in the International Summer Science School in Heidelberg, and last summer Kristie Leung (then Year 11) was selected from Cambridge to participate..
- We launch our iBooks TextbooksThe Stephen Perse Foundation is delighted to announce the publication of 12 iBooks Textbooks, written by teacher Alex van Dijk.
- County Schools Cross Country ChampionshipsSeven students qualified at the District Championships to compete at the County Schools Cross Country Championships at The Kings School Ely...
- Bedfordia Team Cross Country Invitation CompetitionTwo teams of runners from the Stephen Perse Senior School competed at Bedfordia in muddy and rather changeable weather conditions...
- District Cross Country ChampionshipsCongratulations to all who took part in the District Schools Cross Country Championships at Netherhall School on an extremely cold and icy December afternoon...