To deliver our vision for education, our latest development at the Senior School has created an outstanding virtual and physical educational environment for our students and for the wider community.
Our new building includes:
- Cambridge’s first rooftop Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA)
- Sport England standard four-court sports hall
- Nine dynamic classrooms
- Transformative learning and activity spaces supporting our creative curriculum
- Enhanced STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) facilities, including a new 'superlab' designed in conjunction with the National STEM Centre in York
The sports facilities have allowed partnerships with sports teams such as the benecosMavericks netball team, providing our already high-achieving netball teams with a valuable opportunity to learn from the experts.
Designed by Chadwick Dryer Clarke Studio, the new building has now won four awards:
- Architect of the Year at the 2018 Structural Timber Awards (Chadwick Dryer Clarke - The Stephen Perse Foundation Sports & Learning Building)
- "Best Education Building in East Anglia" at the 2018 LABC Building Excellence Awards
- "Best New Building - Large" at the 2018 Cambridge Design and Conservation Awards
- An RIBA East Award 2018
It has also received special mention for "excellence in acoustic engineering, enabling the creation of Cambridge’s first rooftop sports pitch", and was shortlisted for two RICS East of England Awards.
We are very proud of this transformative new learning environment. Take a closer look below, or come and visit us to see for yourself!
A snapshot of our new building
Photo credit: Richard Chivers